Have you moved since the end of last school year and forgot to tell the office? Do you plan on moving over this summer?
If your address has changed, or will change over this summer, please let the office know as soon as possible. It will impact you receiving the important summer mailing, and will also impact your child’s transportation route, if eligible. The list the required documentation, and the address change form can be found here.
Several of our amazing Montessori Mornings instructors are hosting camps this summer! These camps are not affiliated with Montessori Mornings or PRM, but if you are looking for summer camps these are great options. A summary of each is listed below, but you can read more in this flyer or head to our Montessori Mornings page for more details.
- Serve It UP Tennis Academy – 10 weeks of camp for preschool, elementary and middle school children
- Charlotte Martial Arts Academy – 9 weeks of full day camps with karate, arts & crafts, outdoor sports and more
- The Little Studio Ceramics – week long half-day camp where students will create pottery by hand and get an introduction to the potter’s wheel
- Mixed Media Arts – a wide range of projects to inspire children and expose them to a variety of art techniques
- A Peek into Montessori – introduce your rising Pre-K and Kindergarten children to Montessori philosophy and environment
- Strategy Gaming – Chess, Magic, Settlers and more with coaching for all levels in all games. Tournaments, prizes and more!
Stratagemics will be offering Strategy Gaming Summer Camps at Park Road Montessori for the 14th consecutive summer. The camps begin June 17, and run weekly through the week of July 22 (except for the week of July 4th). The Stratagemics website has a full description, with specific camp dates. PRMS students get a discount, and a portion of proceeds goes to PTO. For chess players, we’re also running a combined Chess/Strategy gaming camp the week of June 10th, with Montessori Mornings chess instructor Matthew Noble. Boys and girls both are welcome, ages 8-18. See the Stratagemics website or email Mr. Curt for more information.
Montessori Mornings instructor James Carlevatti is offering a Youth Ceramics camp this summer. Join him for a weeklong half-day camp where students will build mugs and pottery by hand, create gnome/wizard sculptures as well as get an introduction to the potter’s wheel. The camp allows students to use their own creativity to personalize each project. Each week is limited to eight students.
July 8 – July 12, July 15 – July 19, July 22 – July 26, July 29 – August 2
(Please note this is not part of the Montessori Mornings program.)
What does a Montessori classroom look like? Will my child know what to do? For the last 10 years, this camp has helped facilitate a joy of learning by breaking the ice and gently introducing children to the Montessori philosophy and environment. Ms. Priti Aery has taught at Park Road for 16 years and will guide your child through classroom expectations and introduce them to multi-sensory and sequential Montessori materials.
For Rising Pre-K and K’s the camps will be held as follows:
JUNE 17th –June 20th and JUNE 24th – 27th
8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
$200 WEEKLY per SESSION (Snack and Juice provided)
Held at Park Road Montessori School, 3701 Haven Drive
Class size is limited, so sign up early! You can find more information in this flyer, as well as the application to attend. Contact Priti Aery at Priti.email@example.com (980) 343-5830