Wednesday, May 4th PRM will celebrate National Walk Bike to School Day. PRM has been selected as a focus school for Mecklenburg County for this event.
Meet us at 8 a.m. in Freedom Park by the train prepared to walk, scoot or bike with a parent (please leave pets at home) to school. We will leave Freedom Park by 8:20 a.m.
We encourage families from all over Mecklenburg County to join us for this event. Parking is available at Freedom Park.
We will host lunch for half of the staff on May 2, and the other half on May 3. We will provide a light breakfast on May 4 followed by King of Pops on Friday. Visit the Sigh Up Genius page and sign up to help out or bake something yummy.
Please note that we would like for your children to write note of appreciate this week and deliver to your teachers and other staff they would like to thank.
Ms. Barbara’s class will be hosting a “Fun Night” from 4:15-6 p.m. on the eve of the ISP (for parents who would like to meet their child at school and go straight to the event.) Click here to sign your child up to attend. This option will be available on a first-come basis.
Thank you to everyone who helps make this event possible. If you can volunteer for the picnic, or assist with set up and clean up, please sign up here.
- We need CHAPTER BOOKS — always in high demand and never enough to go around. Harry and Percy are still our most popular requests.
- Please do not send in board books, Chik Fil A books or any NON-BOOK items.
- Send in your books accompanied by this form.
The exchange will take place Tuesday, May 17th and Wednesday, May 18th. We could use volunteers to help with the “shopping” and with set up on May 13th and May 16th. Please contact Heather Liebler.
Be on the look out for more details in next week’s eBulletin.
Each individual teacher will decide whether bathing suits are allowed. The lunch schedule will be off, so students should pack a lunch if possible. (Lunch will be available in the cafeteria to those who need it.)
The schedule is below. The number next to the teacher’s name is the station the class will start at. Proceed through the stations numerically.
10 – 11:30 AM: ALL PRIMARY along with Barbara, Denene, Karen and Cynthia’s classes.
Ms. Priti – 1, Ms. Maggie – 2, Jeanne – 3, Carey – 4, Ruth – 5, Amber – 6, Barbara – 7, Denene – 8, Karen – 9, Cynthia – 10.
Noon – 2 PM: ALL UPPER EL along with, Ann, Anna, Jenny, Christine, Diane’s classes.
Sandy – 1, Curt – 2, Ayron – 3, Christy – 4, Cecelia – 5, Michelle – 6, Ann – 7, Anna – 8, Jenny – 9, Christine – 10, Diane – 11.
(Please note that the May 11 date differs from what is listed on the school calendar released in the fall.)
- Wednesday, May 25th: 3rd Grade Reading
- Thursday, May 26th: 3rd Grade Math and 5th Grade Science
- Friday, May 27th: Teacher Workday
- Monday, May 30th: Memorial Day
- Tuesday, May 31st: Make-Up 3rd Grade Reading and Math, 5th Grade Science
- Thursday, June 2nd: 4th, 5th, 6th Grade Reading
- Thursday, June 2nd: 3rd Grade Reading Retest (for students who have not yet met profiency)
- Friday, June 3rd: 4th, 5th, 6th Grade Math
- Monday, June 6th – Wednesday, June 8th: Make-Up 4th, 5th, 6th Grade Reading/Math
- Tuesday, June 7th: 3rd Grade Read to Achieve Test (for students who have not yet met proficiency)
In addition to the event itself, teachers and parents have been working on a sculpture design with an artist to commemorate Montessori education. Wait until you see this magnificent piece of art! If you have the time, talent, and passion to lend a hand in the planning and implementation of our 25th anniversary and installation of a Montessori sculpture, please contact Bernice Cutler.
The committee will begin to meet this spring and into the summer months. Don’t wait, this committee needs you!
For additional information, please contact the Extended Day Office at 980-343-3854. Thank you for your help and support.