Key Transportation and Office Policies
From Ms. Melanie: Parents, we know you will soon begin making plans for your children’s activities for next fall. Please be reminded of these school guidelines:
Only four unexcused late arrivals (after 9:15 a.m.)/early dismissals (before 4:15 p.m.) are allowed each quarter.
Sports, dance lessons, tutoring sessions, etc. are not considered excused activities.
Medical appointments are excused, and recurring appointments (therapy sessions, for example) are excused, with documentation.
Welcome to our new PRM parents, and welcome back to those who have were with us last year! Please remember that every person who enters the school needs to be a registered volunteer: if you are helping a teacher, doing something for the PTO, eating lunch with your child, etc., you need to be registered.
If you have never done this, go to cmsvolunteers.com, and create a profile. Those parents who have been with us previously received an email in July to reactivate for the 2017-2018 school year. If you failed to do this, please sign in to your profile at that website, and do it now.
Any time you enter the building, please come in to the office, sign in, and get a badge, even if your child’s room is in a mobile unit. While this may sometimes seem inconvenient, our number-one priority is keeping your children safe. Thank you for your help!
To receive updates about bus departures and substitutions, please join our Remind text message list. If you were not a member last year and would like to join, send a text to the number 81010 with the message @parkroa (no “d”).
As in years past, please be prepared for bus delays in the first weeks of school. We appreciate your patience.
- Only enter the car pool line from Reece Road and take your place at the end of the line. The line cannot be entered from Haven Drive. Do not make a left from Haven Drive and try to cut the line.
- The car pool line should go to the end of Reece Road and then turn in the cul-de-sac, return back up Reece Road and make the right onto Haven Drive. If this step is not followed, traffic is blocked on Park Road and buses cannot get to campus.
- When you drop off/pick up your child, staff cannot reach in to unbuckle or buckle your child. Children need to be ready to get out of the car quickly. Good-byes should have been said and cars need to move on.
- If you are picking up your child, please be ready to pull away as soon as the car in front of you begins to pull away. If your child needs help with the seat belt, please pull up into the parking lot in order to provide assistance. Parents should never have a reason to get out of the car.
- Also, please refrain from talking or texting on your cell phone while in the car pool line. Again, that is a safety issue.
- Do Not Block access to driveways and to Arbor Lane
- Do Not drive onto lawns or use private driveways while U-turning on Reece Road
Thank you for following our school rules. We want our children, our staff and our parents to be safe while in car pool.
- When your child is absent, you must notify the office in writing. You can email Ms. Laura and copy your teacher, or provide a written note.
- After the 9:10 a.m. bell (carpool closes), please walk your child into the office for a late slip.
- School starts at 9:15 a.m.
- If you are picking your child up early, please come to the office to get a blue slip, then proceed to class to get your child.
- No dismissals can be made after 3:45 p.m.