Maggie and Becky
Welcome to Our Class Page
|Margaret Barker, Primary Teacher
Born in Ireland. Emigrated to Brooklyn, NY at age 10.
Bachelor’s Degree, Elementary Education, Syracuse University Masters Degree, Early Childhood Education, Syracuse University.
I feel privileged to be a teacher. To be a part of a child’s journey as they grow in their academic, social and emotional development is an amazing experience. To be at Park Road Montessori gives me a sense of being part of an educational revolution that is so needed throughout our public schools.
|Rebekah F. Wilson, Primary TA
Born and raised in Charlotte. I attended Park Road School as an elementary student. I’ve worked in early childhood for 30 years. I’m in my 9th year at Park Road Montessori and loving it. I spend my summers working at Ms. Becky’s Earth Camp, a program designed to immerse children in fun learning experiences in Nature.
Our Typical Weekly Schedule
|Media Center||No Specials||Music||Art||PE|
Resources for Parents
Videos to See:
- You Tube: Good at Doing Things – Dr. Steven Hughes
Pediatric neurosurgeon’s discovery of Montessori
- You Tube: Do Schools Kill Creativity — Sir Ken Robinson
Insight into how schools need to rethink traditional practices
- You Tube Apple Commercial — Think Different
Inspiration on how Montessori is on track by following the child’s passions.
- Video on Nature, Beauty, Gratitude
Recommended books for Montessori parents:
- The Montessori Method, Dr. M. Montessori
Revolutionary Educational Change
- Brain Rules, Dr. John Medina
Strategies for Success at Home, School and Work
- The Whole Brain Child, Dr. Dan Siegel
Strategies for Nurture Child’s developing Mind
- Einstein Never Used Flash Cards, Kathy Hirsh-Pasek
Nurturing Learning Through Play
- How Children Succeed, Paul Tough
Nurturing Perseverance, Curiosity, Optimism and Self Control in young children
- No Drama Discipline, Dr. Dan Siegel
- SPARK, John J. Ratey
Exercise and the Brain
Classroom BLOG / Site: